Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Something Small with Great Love

This locket hides a mini-shrine and a quote from Mother Teresa:

"We can do no great things,
only small things with great love."


My intention was to create something handsome, that could be worn anywhere, but would hold the secret close to one's heart, ready to be opened in times when extra encouragement or prayer is needed.

The locket closes securely with a magnet and will not pop open.  The beaded rosary chain is sturdy and attractive.  The little sequins are vintage 1940's and the tiny Guadalupe portrait is cut from a photo.

If these mini shrines are popular I will gather lockets to make more.  Let me know if there is a particular quote or image that inspires you.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is a really cute idea!

    I love the locket. My only concern is to avoid too much of a gaudy-look with the juxtaposition of a holy image with sequins etc.

    I also love this quote from Ghandi: "Be the change you want to see in the world."

    Good luck!

    Ashley
    www.ashtreecreations.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the comment. Hispanic culture enjoys the juxtaposition of sequins, pearls, and shine with spiritual symbols, all in good fun with full respect for the icon. It is joyful exuberance.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
I love to read your comments. Please sign up to be a blog follower.
Claire