Thursday, December 17, 2009

To Wonder at Beauty, Stand Guard over Truth


LABYRINTH AT CHARTRES


As the year spins to an end, I hope all is well at your house.  I  offer these words attributed to Rudolf Steiner, philosopher and mystic of the early 20th century (revised for inclusivity):

To wonder at beauty,


stand guard over truth,


look up to the noble,


decide for the good,


leads all on their journeys


to goals for our lives.


These words work well to say to oneself at the beginning of a walk, especially a labyrinth walk, if you do such things. Even if you don't, life can be a labyrinth, the twists and turns confusing. I love the expression that all those who wander are not lost. I would like to add wonder to my wandering, especially when I feel lost, and find the beauty in the place I am.  

May you find wonder, beauty, truth, nobility and good to lead your goals for 2010.  

1 comment:

Hi,
I love to read your comments. Please sign up to be a blog follower.
Claire